Are you looking for humanely-raised meat options? Are you interested in animal production that supports carbon sequestration combating climate change? This is your chance to get a share of a whole heritage-breed hog from our storyteller Dede Boies of Root Down Farm!
Important items of note:
- We will not know the exact final weight from the butcher until the summer, and this is the beautiful nature of working with whole animals.
- Please choose a share of 10lbs, 15lbs, or greater 5lb increments.
- Your final cost will fluctuate depending on the final weight you take home and if you chose to add any curing or smoking from the butcher. (Around ~$12/lb)
- Purchasing a whole animal means the head, the bones, the fat, the feet and the skin are all available for us, too. Please let us know what parts you would like to take home and make stock, chicharrones or what have you.
- You will get a mix of cuts, but if you have a few cuts you particularly enjoy- you can let us know!
What we need from you:
- Email Pei-Ru at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are ready to commit.
Learn more about Dede's story shared at a RFRS Supperclub here.