We’re launching our first Facilitating Stories for Impact training AND we’re looking for four incredible humans to facilitate our 2020 monthly gatherings.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? An opportunity to learn the RFRS facilitation process, discover how to incorporate empathy and generous listening into your daily life, and understand how to create safe spaces for honest storytelling. AND, if you’re interested, this means an opportunity to facilitate a season of RFRS monthly gatherings in 2020 (with our team’s support, of course!)
WHO IS THIS TRAINING FOR? Are you interested in cultivating communities centered around vulnerable sharing and generous listening? Are you an advocate for connecting with our shared humanity and building bridges instead of highlighting differences? Do you want the tools to create your own spaces for storytelling? Then this training is for you.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- the nitty gritty of the RFRS facilitation model
- how to incorporate empathy and listening practice into your daily life
- what it means to listen generously
- how to take care of your self first so that you can be in service to others
- how to facilitate a story
- how to create safe spaces for sharing
- how to tell your personal story, rooted in your values
10hrs - in-person and digital training sessions
4-6hrs - session homework
Tuesday, 8/6 6-8:30p in-person*
Tuesday, 8/13 6-8p video call
Tuesday, 8/20 6-8p video call
Tuesday, 9/10 6-9p in-person*
* exact location TBD, will be in the Bay Area and accessible by BART
You must attend the first and last session in person. The two video calls will be recorded and can be watched later if you must miss the live session.
A limited number of scholarships are available. Please fill out this application if you are in need of financial assistance to attend this training.